Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
As our talented Digital IC Design Engineer, you will be developing our next generation chip, which will be used in our new hearing aids.
Do you enjoy solving complex problems in a dynamic international environment? Does the opportunity to develop technology that can help people around the world interest you? Then joining our IC Development team might be just the thing for you.
Our team with engineers in both Erlangen and Lynge is responsible for developing analog and digital chips that enables the core functionality of our hearing aids. In the IC team we work in a dynamic and agile setup with strong focus on collaboration as well as individual freedom and responsibility. We have strong focus on cross-site and cross-discipline collaboration with opportunities to work closely with both algorithm and eSW developers to find the best solutions in terms of flexibility, performance and ultra-low power.
As our Digital IC Design Engineer your main focus will be to:
- Work on the Implementation and realization of audio signal processing algorithms in RTL.
- Develop Module specification and define micro-architecture
- Implement Test benches using SystemVerilog
- Handle synthesis, power estimation, optimization and verification closure.
- Proactively take ownership of assigned tasks and modules
Over time there can be opportunities to work on many different types of designs ranging from signal processing for audio algorithms to processor sub-systems, processor cores, interconnect, control and interface modules.
You must have hands on professional experience in
- Coding RTL (VHDL / Verilog / SystemVerilog) and Verification methodology (UVM)
- Designing Digital circuits and defining micro-architecture
- Implementing DSP algorithms in RTL
- Optimizing and analyzing for low power design
Would be nice if you also have knowledge in
- ASIC design methodology and flow / synthesis / FPGA prototyping
- Scripting (Python, Bash, Tcl etc.) and programming in C/C++
- Processor architecture and HW/SW co-design
It would be nice if you have relevant education in Electrical Engineering or similar and have a strong technical foundation and a solid understanding of digital design principles.
You are driven by innovation and the opportunity to develop technology that can help people around the world.
The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but the latest deadline is the 20th of February 2021.