Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on WS Audiology’s purpose to make wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, the R&D embedded software team is looking to strengthen our capabilities with an additional, passionate and purpose-driven team player who will work as a Project Manager, embedded software.
The eSW team is responsible for the software infrastructure of the hearing aid and for the streaming to external devices, e.g. iPhone and Android phones.
eSW is working in a scaled agile development environment with scrum teams across multiple international sites and we are using contemporary technologies, including C/C++/Python and we have a DevOps culture in the DNA of our teams.
You will be located in our CO2 neutral headquarters north of Copenhagen with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathic.
You will be part of a team of Project Managers in embedded Software, ensuring progress of our deliverables to hearing aid programs during the product life cycle.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- You will be responsible for planning, controlling and monitoring of an embedded software development project for a hearing aid platform
- Contribution to the development of medical devices, according to relevant quality standards
- Technical coordination of embedded software developers and testers
- Close collaboration with interdisciplinary platform development teams
- Contribute to the development of the embedded software team to increase the value generation of the team
We are on an agile journey, inspired by SAFe, and are therefore looking for a candidate who will thrive in such a setup and who can also envision a future in a scaled agile role
- PhD/Master/Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical/electronic engineering, medical engineering or any other relevant discipline
- You probably have a background as a software developer
- Experience working in the hearing aid industry is a big advantage
- 5+ years of professional experience in embedded project management
- Experience with project management in agile software development - ideally SAFe
- Experience with agile transformations is a big advantage
- Experience working with medical device regulation standards (e.g. IEC 62304) or other regulated industries is an advantage
- Experience working with external international suppliers
- Structured working, strong moderation and communication skills
- Comfortable with handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Work independently and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, coordination and leadership skills
- Have a growth and agile mindset, challenging the status quo and actively seeking knowledge and learning new things
The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but the latest deadline is January 31, 2021.