Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose to make wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with an additional, passionate and purpose-driven team player in our AI Accelerator team.
This team is a newly established self-driven unit with the purpose of challenging the status quo in audiology and hearing-aid business through innovations using data-driven approaches. The team will be fast-paced and therefore needs to constantly be at the forefront of the newest technologies and principles. The team focus will be to develop fully functional prototypes crammed with innovations and novelty and the team is staffed with the people that delivered e.g. the award-winning SoundSense Learn technology.
You will be located in our CO2 neutral headquarters north of Copenhagen with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathic. You will work hard and play hard together, and you will do this because you are eager to make a difference and to learn and challenge yourself.
As a Data Engineer, you will develop and maintain the data eco-system that is the foundation of all AI projects and business analytics. You will be working closely together with the AI architect.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Continuously develop and maintain data eco-system infrastructure
- Support internal data consumers with access and best practice use of data
- Support AI projects that have ambitious data requirements
- Identify new technologies or opportunities
We expect you to be a highly pro-active software developer that thinks data first. You know that first quality data requires an understanding of where and how the data is generated and thus what process it describes. Therefore, you will need to interact with subject matter experts to reflect the reality in the data you provide. Additionally, you are a strong communicator that knows when to insist and when to accept a compromise. You are a team player, who seeks design feedback and engage in constructive discussions with your fellow colleagues, who like you cherish openness, constructive feedback and constant professional development. Creativity, attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude are part of your strengths.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a similar field
- Experience with public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with modern software development principles
- Experience with a variety of database technologies (e.g. relational, document, graph, etc.)
- Experience with distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
Performance and personal competencies
- Curious about new technologies and the open-source community
- You cherish cloud-native
- Comfortable with handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Work independently and have excellent problem-solving skills
The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but the latest deadline is the 10th of January 2021.