Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose to make wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with an additional, passionate and purpose-driven team player in our Signal Processing team.
With a focus on audio signal processing your colleagues in the team develop WS Audiology’s future features and functionality. Our innovative signal processing solutions are developed in-house and are driven by our passion for sound and our ambition to help millions of people with hearing impairment.
You will be contributing to the development of the next generation of hearing aids. You will work on improving our internal development tools written in C++, C#, Python and MATLAB while trying to automate as much of building and testing as possible. We use Jenkins and Azure DevOps in combination with Docker. Several of our internal tools are cross-platform running on Windows, Linux, Android and iOS.
The Signal Processing team is dynamic, international and cross-functional, and you will also interact with our Audiology specialists, IC designers and embedded software developers as they often also use the tools and pipelines that you develop.
Our hearing aids are renowned for their quality with emphasis on delivering clear and natural sound as well as pushing the envelope by being first-movers and bringing new innovations to the market. A key foundation for this is modern, easy-to-use and easy-to-maintain tools and pipelines used for rapid prototyping, reference models and verification.
As a Software Tools and DevOps Specialist, you will be on the cutting edge of building new software tools and pipelines for your colleagues in the team, so they can focus on developing new algorithms. You can expect a highly collaborative and dynamic work life. Your primary goal is to make the life of other developers easier. Most signal processing developers design algorithms in MATLAB and Python, listen to real-time ultra-low latency simulations of hearing aids or write reference implementation in C++. We also test continuously on FPGA’s.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing a diverse range of tools that will help every other developer work faster.
- Understanding developer needs across the R&D organization, i.e. firmware, audiology, hardware, software, etc.
- Optimizing workflows by developing and maintaining automation of build, test and deployment.
- Breaking down complex tasks and planning your daily work with your workgroup.
- Monitoring state-of-the-art in your field of expertise and integrate these solutions into your daily work.
You have a quality mindset and a drive to keep improving working methods, practices and habits surrounding you, but most importantly, you have a willingness to learn new tools and adapt to new challenges. You speak code and can quickly learn new tools, frameworks, languages, and best practices. You are a strong team-player who works comfortably and efficiently in teams, towards a common goal. You strive to face complex problems with a creative mindset. You enjoy working in an informal, yet professional, atmosphere.
- M.Sc. or equivalent experience within the fields of software tool development, DevOps or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience.
- Good software development skills.
- C++, preferably C++11 and newer.
- C#, .NET Core.
- Python and/or MATLAB.
- Continuous integration and testing with Jenkins, Azure DevOps or similar.
- Cross-platform development for Windows and Linux.
- Experience with build systems like CMake.
- Knowledge of cloud solutions, e.g. Azure DevOps, AWS.
- Knowledge of containers like Docker and Kubernetes.
Performance and personal competencies
▪ Comfortable with handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
▪ Work independently and have excellent problem-solving skills.
▪ Excellent interpersonal, networking and coordination skills.
The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but the latest deadline is the 1st of February 2021.