WS Audiology was formed through the partnership of Sivantos with headquarter in Singapore and Widex with headquarter in Lynge, Denmark. Two pioneers joining forces with a clear ambition to expand hearing care for millions of people with hearing needs.
Together, we can look back on a proud history of nearly 170 years of leading global innovation in the hearing aid industry. Today, the company employs more than 10,000 people worldwide, is active in more than 125 markets, and generates more than 1.7 billion euros in revenue annually.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose of making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our global UX Team with a passionate and purpose driven Senior UX Writer.
This team is part of R&D where two types of software products are developed. One is audiological fitting applications used at hearing care centers to adjust hearing aids. The other is smartphone apps for hearing aid users to control their hearing aids and support their lives.
You can be based either in our office in Erlangen (Germany) or in Lynge (Denmark) together with dynamic and progressive user experience designers, who are highly skilled and empathic. You will work hard and play hard together, but you do this because you are eager to make a difference, to learn, and to challenge yourself.
As Senior UX Writer in our global UX Team, you will spend approximately 50% of your time writing copy for our digital products and 50% of your time creating product content guidelines and improving our UX writing processes. You will work closely together with UX Designers, Software Developers, Product Managers, and Brand Managers. These are distributed over multiple geographical locations, for instance Erlangen, Lynge, Bengaluru and Singapore.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Write clear and consistent texts for the user interfaces of our digital products
- Review text drafts that have been created by UX Design colleagues or Audiologists
- Coordinate and quality check translations from agencies
- Create product-specific content guidelines based on best practice for UX writing
- Govern the content guidelines through reviews and sparring with brand management
- Train UX team colleagues in UX writing skills, knowledge, and best practices
- Improve our text writing processes and practices with tools, research and metrics
You are passionate about writing and digital design. We expect you to tirelessly work towards understanding how customers think and craft texts that guide them through our interfaces in an intuitive manner. You quickly become the expert of your domain, proactively gathering research and data about the products and services to which you provide content.
You most likely fit the following profile:
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Writer either in-house or in an agency
- Make timely deliveries in a fast-paced, cross-functional agile environment
- Know digital design processes and general UX design principles
- Experience with mentoring of designers and giving actionable feedback
- Work independently and can lead improvements of UX writing processes
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and coordination skills
- Proven ability to present to all levels within an organization
- Tech savvy and familiar with UX writing tools
- Domain knowledge about medical devices or even audiology is a plus
- Master's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, HCI, UX, or a similar field
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application and a portfolio of relevant work samples with a digital design focus, including problems you helped solve, your contributions, and benefit for the customer.
We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but the latest deadline is February 28th. If you have any questions regarding the position, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org