To deliver on our corporate purpose on making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, WS Audiology is looking for a passionate and experienced engineer to work on world-leading hearing-aid sound, hearing loss compensation and fitting.
We have multiple openings and the position is based in our CO2 neutral headquarter north of Copenhagen, Denmark. The role resides in the Sound & Fitting team, part of the Global R&D Audiology department. You will contribute to the team’s goal to develop new audiological innovations on hearing-aid algorithms, sound quality, hearing-loss compensation and novel fitting concepts. Our main hearing-aid brands are Widex and Signia.
You and your colleagues are typically passionate engineers in acoustics, audio signal processing or hearing sciences, who enjoys inventing and developing, together. The team counts about 15 colleagues, and we all work in an agile setting in specialized or cross-functional project teams.
One of the cornerstones of modern hearing-aid solutions is the hearing-aid chip platform and its signal processing architecture and features. Our focus in the Sound & Fitting team is to contribute to the early signal-processing development, optimization of the hearing aid sound, and development of fitting of hearing-aid gain and features to fit the user’s individual hearing needs.
We work in cross functional project teams and contribute with our capability to bridge the knowledge between the hearing needs, the chip platform and its sound quality, and the fitting of the hearing aids worn by users.
We are looking for engineers to work in the interface between the hearing-aid technology platforms and the fitting software. This requires insights into hearing-aid algorithms, basic technical audiology, hearing-aid acoustics and measurements and modeling of systems. Ideally, you hold an engineering degree or equivalent in a relevant technical field.
You are driven by curiosity in the search for the best and most innovative solutions for people who are challenged in acoustic communication. You have skills to contribute to the advancement of high-quality hearing-aid platforms, hearing-aid sound and technical audiological solutions. You work comfortably and efficiently in cross-functional teams having a common goal. You are creative when facing complex problems and can break down complex tasks and planning your daily work.
You fit the following profile:
- You can develop audiological solutions in the interface between hearing sense, chip platform and fitting software.
- Ability to understand hearing-aid algorithms, their parameters and their potentials for fitting to various hearing needs.
- Expertise in mathematical description / modeling of sound and hearing aid related systems.
- Experience with system requirement specification, documentation and testing
- Experience with definition of test cases and data for system test
- Experience with troubleshooting of complex systems (interactions of several subsystems).
Performance and personal competencies
- Analytical skills in relation to bug fixing and system analysis.
- Fluent & professional programming skills.
- Strong professional background within audiology or audio engineering.
- Analytical approach towards actions and results, which are vital in a high-performance environment.
- A team player, able to focus on own task, while contributing to the overall goals of your team.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- Sense for quality and a passion to proactively improve audiological solutions with a passion to develop the best hearing-aids in the world.