About WS Audiology
Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
About the role
Driven by the passion to improve quality of people’s lives, WS Audiology continues to grow as market leader in the hearing aid industry, by bringing innovation and best quality in our products. Our internal IPR team, which is anchored in our R&D department, acts as a strong business partner and enabler for growth through strategic business-oriented patent management.
Located in our CO2 neutral HQ north of Copenhagen, Lynge, you will work closely with key functions and business leads and their teams to provide practical and commercially-focused patent drafting, prosecution and management, which will increase the strategic focus in our patents to increase WS Audiology patent strength compared to our competitors to support the growth and expansion of the business.
In addition to legal topics and advice, you will support to implement common global patent practices across our organization.
Reporting our Patent Director in R&D, you will join a dynamic and progressive team, who are highly skilled and empathic with strong IP backgrounds. You will work hard and play hard together, but you do this because you are driven to make a difference and to learn and challenge yourself.
You will specifically be expected to:
- Facilitate and promote invention capture (invention disclosure filing) in collaboration with inventors
- Draft and file new patent applications for international protection
- Prosecution of a global patent portfolio with direct responsibility for European, Danish and PCT applications and indirect through detailed instructions to foreign counsel for foreign applications
- Drive post grand Procedures for own portfolio, in alignment with business goals
- Responsible for alignment of the patent portfolio to WSA Business strategy and roadmaps in collaboration with your colleagues
- Freedom to operate analysis in connection with product developments, including giving advice to the project team on options and management on risk
- Continuous competitor patent portfolio monitoring and reporting and contribute to decided post grant actions
- regular third-party patent portfolio analysis and reporting in WSA technology domain
- Support in Legal conflicts
About the candidate
The successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with a strong strategic and commercial mindset, who is experienced and driven by spotting inventions in dialogues with scientists and engineers.
- University degree in Electronics/software/Physics and passed European Qualifying Exam
- At least 5 years IP experience from a leading patent agency firm or as an in-house IP agent from an established MNC, preferably with a background in the field of electronics or physics
- Experience in business focused IP strategies within R&D and product development
- Significant experience in Freedom to operate analysis
- Experience with IP litigation in US and/or Europe is an advantage
Performance and personal competencies
- Ethics, confidence, managing ambiguity and being open to learning
- Display strong communication and stakeholder management skills to work with people across all levels and seniority
- Self-motivated and proactive individual who is able to work independently and drive changes
- Robust personality with high levels of energy and drive, with an ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks in a dynamic corporate environment
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.