Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing-related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion. Learn about us on www.wsa.com
The Category Manager will be responsible for leading the category of transportation globally in alignment with the SCM team and the various affiliates. This person will also support and drive the Local Procurement activities (Utilities, Facilities, Local Investment & others Indirect Spent).
As Transport Category Manager key responsibilities are:
- To drive strategy, projects/initiatives for Transport Category and work closely with your stakeholders
- To develop procurement strategy to negotiate with large vendors to introduce new lanes/services
- To set up the structure and process for launching Tender or for carrier selection
- To follow up project deployment and ensure its delivery is in line with business case assumptions
- To set up KPIs to measure and have a full understanding of vendors' performance.
- Cost-saving projects,
- Identify cost-saving opportunities through price negotiation, developing alternate source/materials, global consolidation, etc.,
- Monitor and tracking of cost-saving against the target. Follow up an action plan to close the gap,
- Master Agreement creation & definition of the Strategy related to Category responsible,
- Co-ordination with the affiliates globally to streamline/enlarge (as needed) the suppliers base for logistic vendors to guarantee the proper SLA,
- Support the activities related to the local plants in Poland (manufacturing and distribution center) including Capex & Opex expense,
- Ensure the creation of Supply agreement for the Indirect suppliers, according to the WSA Policy,
- Support Procurement related audit, procedural maintenance, documentation control, supplier evaluation, and new vendor creation/amendment.
- Min. 5 years working experience in Procurement related environment,
- University Degree (Engineering or Economic related fields),
- Working experience in a similar branch (hearing aids industry, white goods & automotive are preferred),
- Experience in Logistics/Transportation (Parcels/Air Freight/LCLs shipments)
- Willingness to work in an international environment and ability to deal with the three different time zones,
- Ability to travel (less than 10 days per month) and to visit our office in Poznań
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Powerpoint,
- Fluent English skills,
Personal skills and competencies
- Strong negotiation skills with suppliers and a leading attitude.
- Problem-solving approach,
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.