Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
As UI Designer, you will be driving the design of new stunning UI components, taking our user interface designs to the next level. You will also write usage instructions for developers and designers to ensure consistency and quality in new digital product features. To reach a professional look and feel across more than ten visual styles supporting across our digital products, you will be responsible for writing and maintaining interface design guidelines and Echo Design System tutorials.
To deliver on our purpose to make wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we have decided to build our own Design System – called “Echo”. The purpose of the Design System is to secure visual consistence, brand coherence and effective user interface designs across multiple products (websites, audiological tools, mobile apps) and platforms (web, IOS, Android).
We have set up a new cross-functional team, which is 100% dedicated to Echo. It currently consists of a Lead Front-end Architect, two React Developers, a Design Lead, a UI-Designer and a Graphics Designer. Now, we are looking for more UI Designers who are passionate, purpose driven, and who will help us build a Design System that serves the whole WS Audiology enterprise globally.
- Collaborate and co-design with Developers and UX Designers to “componentify’ the UI
- Apply consistent visual brand identities styles
- Design UI symbols in Sketch and document component usage in Frontify
- Perform visual checks after UI components have been implemented in React
- Write guidelines for visual styling, interaction design, accessibility etc.
- Guide fellow UX Designers and Developers, who build or use Echo Design System assets
- Help improve tools and collaboration practices used for our Echo Design System
- Evangelize the value of our design system
You are passionate about designing pixel perfect user interfaces for web solutions and mobile apps using design system best practice in a global setting. Your skillset is most likely strongest on visual and interaction design and less of a researcher..
You must have
- 4+ years of experience designing digital interfaces using a design system
- Domain knowledge about human interface guidelines, accessibility, visual design, motion design, responsive UI, design system languages, and visual patterns
- Expert proficiency in Sketch and knowledge of publishing tools like Frontify or Invision
- A natural tendency towards system-level design thinking
Would be nice if you also have
- Master’s degree in UI Design, Graphics Design, or a similar field
- Experience from an agile development environment with quick design iterations
Other soft-skills and personal competencies
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable with handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Work independently and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and coordination skills
- The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent verbally in English.
Join WS Audiology
We will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis, so please send your CV and application as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the position, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.