Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose on making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with a passionate and purpose-driven, and all-round team player in our global UX team.
This team is part of R&D where two types of software products are developed. One is audiological fitting applications used at hearing care centers to adjust hearing aids. The other is mobile apps for hearing aid users to control their hearing aids and support their lives.
You will be located in Erlangen, Germany with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathic. The team is eager to make a difference, to learn, and challenge themselves.
As UX Designer (m/f/d) you will be responsible for designing and conducting user research including all its aspects like planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis, and reporting. As a result, you will reveal actionable customer insights. Moreover, you will create prototypes, wireframes, sketches, journey maps, value propositions, and other digital concepts to improve our product experience.
You will work closely with our cross-functional development teams with Software Developers, Testers, and Audiologists. Some of them are distributed over multiple geographical locations, for instance Lynge in Denmark and Singapore.
- Understand user needs through research and a data-driven design processes
- Conduct user testing and analyze user feedback
- Translate findings from user research to user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to an intuitive user experience
- Conceptualize ideas that bring user friendliness to complex solutions
- Apply knowledge in human factors and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Master’s degree in UI Design, Human Factors, Service Design or a similar field
- 4+ years of user research and UX design work experience
- Full UX toolbox with user research, wireframing, prototyping, etc.
- Experience analysing both quantitative and qualitative data to produce UX artefacts
- Advanced usage of Sketch
- Domain knowledge about medical device development or even audiology is a plus
- Experience from an agile development environment – ideally SAFe
- Comfortable with handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Independent way of working and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and coordination skills
You are a creative UX researcher (m/f/d) and designer (m/f/d) with a user-centered spirit. We expect you to be passionate about transforming data-driven insights into meaningful solutions. Additionally, you are a strong communicator that knows when to insist and when to accept a compromise. You are a team player, who seeks design feedback and engage in constructive discussions with your UX colleagues. Creativity, attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude are part of your strengths.
The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. German or Danish is a plus.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but the latest deadline is 15.08.2021.