Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that works with the next generation of hearing aids? Do you like size and compatibility challenges that are far from textbook problems? Then you may be the RF design engineer, we are looking for.
You will be working in a small team with other RF and Antenna designers and you will have weekly contact with other RF experts in sister teams in both Singapore and Germany. The team usually cross collaborates with mechanical engineers, amplifier layout engineers, software developers, and platform teams.
You will be located in our CO2-neutral headquarters north of Copenhagen with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathic. You will work hard and play hard together, and you will do this because you are eager to make a difference and to learn and challenge yourself.
As RF Design Engineer you will have the responsibility for integrating and testing various wireless systems (including Bluetooth) for the next-generation hearing aids. You will also have the responsibility for limiting system-to-system interference within the hearing aid.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Integrate wireless systems for Bluetooth (2.45 GHZ) and NFMI (10 MHz) into the hearing aid
- Design, analyze and optimize electronic circuits and Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) for wireless systems
- Measure hearing aid prototypes in the lab or in our anechoic chamber
- Debug internal electromagnetic interference problems
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and production to find the best possible solutions
- Simulate interference and key performance parameters in HFSS, CST, etc.
- Work on the HW architecture of future platforms
- Investigate future technologies for hearing aids
- Build up and maintain tooling for measurement and development configuration
In short, you will build efficient radio solutions that deliver the required performance despite of the compact physical conditions in a hearing aid. You also understand the need for trade-offs between electronics and mechanics and between quality, cost, and schedule. You can expect 5 to 10 traveling days per year.
We expect you to be a creative digital designer with a user-centered spirit. Additionally, you are a strong communicator that knows when to insist and when to accept a compromise. You are a team player, who seeks design feedback and engage in constructive discussions with your UX colleagues. Creativity, attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude are part of your strengths.
- Bachelor/Master/Ph.D. Degree in electrical/electronics engineering or equivalent studies with 3 years or more of work experience
- Excellent work experience with RF measurement equipment (spectrum analyzer, vector network analyzer, scope)
- Good knowledge of measurement of antenna and radio performance
- Excellent knowledge of electrical hardware design in relation to RF, including electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Documentation of design and test – compliance of medical device directive is a bonus
- Knowledge of simulation of electromagnetic fields in CST MWS or HFSS
- Basic knowledge of compliance testing
Performance and personal competencies
- Innovative mindset and a good drive, and you like to show results.
- Enjoy working independently when required, can stay organized, and can make decisions.
- Responsible for your tasks, while keeping an overview of not only your own tasks but also the links to the tasks ongoing in the other disciplines in the project.
- Communicate well in English, both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.