We are on the hunt for a Agile Software Manager, to take part in one of our cutting edge projects within Software R&D. So if you are looking for a position where you have the chance to work within a agile SW setup as well having the management responsibility for an excellent group of SW Engineers, you have come to the right place.
Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Reporting to the Director of R&D B2B SW, you will join our agile SAFe setup and become a member of a cross functional group of people, called a "clan", whos focus is on the delivery of one our larger project within R&D. The clan consists of between 5-10 people, both developers and testers placed across our site in Lynge as well as Macedonia. You will also be working closely with
You will become the direct line manager for a team of 5-10 that can go across clans or be responsible for the line management of your own clan.
Beyond having the responsibilities as a people manager for the team including coaching and developing the team, you will have the following responsibilities.
- Facilitation of the clan, including facilitation of daily standups, supporting clan members, preparation of sprint activities and so on
- Project related responsibilities such as, functioning as the point-of-contact for the clan, facilitate estimation sessions and give input to planning activity, provide input to planning sessions, coordinate across clans, inputs to Project Leader on progress
- People management of a team of 5-10 highly skilled people including inspire, motivate and secure deliveries from the team
- Competence & knowledge management such as to ensure QMS training and document compliance, competence development as well as gathering and develop knowledge related to the working area of the team.
- Facilitate and ensure knowledge sharing between clans
- As a manager, your responsibilities will also be to provide input to management on challenges and suggestions for a smoother agile process. Sparring with the others Agile Software Manager to share experience and action plan for improvement
As a Agile Software manager, you will have the decision making power, to adjust and/or experiment with your clan practices within the broader agile methodology as well as determine the approach and give inputs to improvement areas in the department, and last but not least being responsible for your team including competence development of these.
You are an experienced profile within your area, with a relevant degree e.g. bachelor or candidate such as Cand. Scient, Engineering, mathematics or similar. Furthermore, you have also previously been working within a agile setup as a Project Manager or the alike.
- You have a background within SW development
- You have, or are interested in, developing your leadership ability in order to manage highly skilled people (“knowledge workers”)
- You have several years of experience within SW product development
- You have experience working within a project oriented setup
- It would be beneficial if you a certification or other experience within an agile methodology
If you are able to lead, mentor and develop others for future growth and development as well as the one that continuously motivate and influence others, then you have the right leadership mindset at WSA.
Otherwise, we expect you to see yourself in some of the following statements:
- You have a holistic view on things
- You are highly emotional intelligent and have a high degree of social competence with an open and communicative style
- You are proactive, pragmatic, and open-minded as a person
- Others will see you as quality-minded, pragmatic and proactive
- You are able to take the needed decisions and handle conflicts with ease
- You thrive in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment
If all of this seems to be a match with the next step in your career, please send your CV as soon as possible. We will screen and interview candidates on an ongoing basis.