At WS Audiology, Research & Development is about understanding people – and building awareness about how our hearing aids can change their lives. We are now looking for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Architect to join our Cloud Infrastructure & Security team based in our R&D department at the HQ in Lynge, Denmark OR at our site in Erlangen, Germany.
Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
We are currently establishing a new Cloud Infrastructure & Security team, consisting of skilled backend & DevOps engineers. The team – that is part of a SAFE train – is responsible for building a modern large scale cloud environment that enables WS Audiology to release software in an efficient, secure & reliable manner.
As our new Azure Cloud Infrastructure Architect for Cloud Infrastructure & Security you will play a critical role in building WS Audiology’s next SW platform - used by Hearing Care Professionals to help serve their patient's needs.
You will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as Systems Architect for cloud infrastructure related tasks on the associated Agile Release Train (ART)
- Drive architecture and designs for various cloud infrastructure services on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Work closely with other systems architects, software- & hardware architects and hearing aid specialist to ensure solid overall system design
- Support and guide Scrum teams with dedicated and skilled professionals to create best in class cloud solutions
- Create solution designs and API specifications in cooperation with key customers
- Join cross-functional architecture team and bring your cloud infrastructure knowledge to the table on various system design topics
- Contribute to WS Audiology’s cloud technology strategy for shared cloud services across multiple products
You will be a success in the role, if you are able to be a strong front runner as well as be able to put your skills and experience into play, in the role as a Architect. Located in either our CO2 neutral HQ in Lynge, north of Copenhagen, Denmark, or in our site in Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany.
- 5+ years experience in Azure Cloud development or similar field
- MA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant experience.
- Previous experience working with large scale cloud-based systems
- Azure infrastructure
- Azure development, .NET Core/C# based, •Infrastructure as code (e.g. ARM/Bicep)
- Modern DevOps and deployment automation practices
- Azure DevOps - including build and release pipelines
- Security & Reliability minded
- Cosmos DB, Functions, API management, Traffic Manager, SQL, Web Apps.
- Modern architectures (e.g. Microservices, clean architecture)
- Containerization (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
As a person, we expect, you to be see the following in you:
- Self-driven, able to take initiative and ownership, suggests how processes can be improved
- Can give and take constructive feedback
- Analytical & structural problem solver
- Able to set the direction and make people follow this
- Good at communicating in a way that will ensure, everyone is on board with the direction set
- Fluent in English – both verbally and in writing
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your CV as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.