About WS Audiology
WS Audiology was formed through the partnership of Widex with Singapore-headquartered Sivantos - two pioneers joining forces with one clear ambition: to expand hearing care for the millions of people with hearing needs.
Together, we can look back on a proud history of nearly 170 years of leading global innovation in the hearing aid industry. Today, the company employs more than 10,000 people worldwide, is active in more than 125 markets and generates more than 2 billion euros in revenue annually.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
What we offer
The opportunity to join an awesome app development team in WS Audiology, where you will have a crucial impact focusing on building wonderful apps that makes the lives better for our hearing aid users around the world.
Located in our CO2 neutral HQ north of Copenhagen, Lynge, you will join a dynamic and progressive team, who are highly skilled and empathic and masters of their craft. You will work and play hard together, but this only motivates you, as you are driven to make a difference and continuously to learn and challenge yourself
As our new iOS Software Engineer you will be given an excellent platform and opportunity to deep dive into the MedTech and hearing aid industry. We offer you a role with lifechanging impact, which are helping millions of people improve the quality of life. You are expected to be actively participating in ensuring that your team reaches its goals and that the apps we create are second to none on the market.
You will be part of a team, designing, and building complex applications used by thousands of users around the world. We are constantly adapting to the latest technology trends in iOS software development. As a member of our team, you will not only get the opportunity to work with exciting new technologies but also engage in social and professional events as we prioritize time for courses, training and conferences whenever possible. We are also scheduling time for innovation at regular intervals.
Your tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis, design and implementation of features in our apps in superb quality, that will make our customers happy
- Maintain and improve our existing apps
- Implementing Unit Tests to ensure stability of our system
- Estimation of the extent of assignments
- Peer reviews
- Specification reviews
We expect you to have spent the past three-four years as a native iOS app developer or similar and are now looking to become part of an organization where you can follow the impact of your work and build long-term relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders.
As a person, you are motivated by seeing the results of your work as well as engaging with others to create them. You are robust, diligent, curious and impactful. Your approach is self-starting, and you are an excellent team player.
Experience and performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years of professional development experience with iOS
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Swift (SwiftUI is a plus)
- Having worked on iOS project(s) released in App Store
- Knowledge and experience with UIKit
- Well versed in coding in ARC environment
- Knowledgeable in best practices, design patterns and architecture on iOS
- Experience with Bluetooth/BLE connected devices or related app to hardware connectivity is a plus
- Experience with Git and continuous integration tools will be a plus
- Knowledge in Core Graphics and Core Animation is a plus
- Knowledge about Unit Testing is a plus
- Positive energy, open-mindedness, and strong proactive attitude
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate in a diverse, cross functional- and multicultural team
- Able to adapt to rapid changing Agile/Scrum development process
- Passionate about your work and keep up to date with the latest technology and methods within mobile application development
- Strong spirit of innovation and the ability to produce solutions to meet business problems
- Takes pride in writing SOLID and testable code every day
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing (Danish is not a requirement)
- The corporate language is English, and you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Danish is not a necessity.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but deadline is September 30th. If you require further information about this position, please contact: Christian Schmidt, Agile Software Manager, +45 5130 0993.