Formed in 2019 through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 11.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
Primary Focus: To assemble electronic components into hearing aids, and refurbish items which are returned from customers, while maintaining a high level of quality in accordance with ISO standards and procedures.
• Assemble various hearing aid models according to product specifications.
• Accurately process daily physical returns / repairs through Navision
• Achieve or exceed productivity and quality standards on a consistent basis.
• Repair hearing aids as required when defective components are identified.
• Uphold the teamwork & cooperation culture.
• Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Plant Safety Rules, and ensure that all safety equipment, materials, protective devices and procedures are maintained and used appropriately.
• Ensure ISO standards are adhered to for all procedures.
• Perform any other duties that may arise in order to achieve department objectives.
Key Contacts/Relationships External and Internal:
1. Production Manager
2. Operations Manager
3. Inventory Control Coordinator Working Environment:
• Clean and safe laboratory environment.
• Mid to high-level computer use; frequent contact by e-mail, phone and in person Mental Effort
• Constant attention to detail, reading documentation and analysis of information including specifications, work instructions and forms.
• Moderate to high visual concentration in working with small parts under a microscope.
• Low stress levels. Physical Effort
• Normal physical activity such as periodic standing, walking and sitting. Working Hours:
• Regular work hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Lunch break is ½ hour unpaid.
• Overtime required when workload necessitates or during peak periods.
Education/Professional Development/Work Experience Requirements:
• High school graduate.
• Experience in a manufacturing/production/electronics environment an asset.
Behavioural Competencies Required:
• Focused on delivering high levels of product quality.
• Ability to work well independently.
• Commitment to continuous improvement.
• Listening, understanding and responding cooperation skills.
• High achievement motivation.
• Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
• Strong teamwork and cooperation skills.
Please note that this role is temporarily located at our Cambridge location until Dec 31, 2021. The role will then move to our newly renovated location in Burlington for Jan 2022. We will provide mileage during this temporary relocation period.