Formed in 2019 through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 11.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
About the team
To deliver on our purpose on making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with additional passionate and purpose-driven team players in the Quality Team.
The team reports directly to the Vice President Quality Management Systems and is overall responsible for driving key QMS and EHS management system projects both locally and globally in the WSA organization. Located in our CO2 neutral HQ north of Copenhagen, Lynge, you will have a series of important stakeholders and have a great impact focusing on implementation and maintenance of our EHS management system.
You will join a dynamic and progressive team, who are highly skilled and empathic with backgrounds from the Medical Device industry. You will work hard and play hard together, but you do this because you are driven to make a difference and to learn and challenge yourself.
About the role
With the growth and the transformation agenda of WS Audiology, there is a need to recruit an experienced and dedicated EHS Manager to join our Quality team and be responsible to manage and continuously improve the EHS programs in accordance with all applicable Danish legislation, corporate and legal requirements. You will foster a culture of safety and environmental stewardship.
The EHS manager position will give you an excellent platform and opportunity, to deep dive into the Medtech and hearing aid industry. We offer you an influencing role with lifechanging impact, which are helping millions of people improve the quality of life.
The EHS manager will support the applications of ISO 14001, ISO 45001 / OHSA 18001 and local EHS requirements, and will be specifically responsible for:
- Establish, implement and maintain EHS Management System based on ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 / OHSAS 18001 requirements, review global and local EHS documents.
- Ensure regular updates and communication to relevant departments, and maintenance of legal register and act accordingly
- Maintain list of EHS applicable licenses and permits
- Perform on-site EHS inspections by Danish Authorities, and audits on regular basis and provide advice for findings to responsible departments and functions
- Ensure risk assessments are performed and maintained, with significant aspects and risks defined with necessary actions
- Make recommendations and improvements based on best practices in managing EHS risk
- Investigate incident at work premises to prevent re-occurrences and report to regulatory authorities when required
- Act as safety committee coordinator and drive regular meetings
- Organize and conduct safety training on EHS program for employees
- Work with building management and lead in emergency response evacuation drills
- Establish relevant EHS projects to meet Global EHS objectives and provide reporting
- Review and approve EHS related corrective and preventive actions
This position will be based in our Lynge office.
We offer exciting tasks and career development opportunities where you exercise great personal influence on the direction you wish to take, ranging from global opportunities to exploring different functional areas. Through successful deliverables and exposure to Group Management members and country leaders, you will find that our unit offers attractive career opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a top-notch EHS professional comfortable & effective in a global & matrix organization:
We expect you to have spent the past 3-5 years deeply involved in implementing and/or maintaining a solid EHS management system and are now looking to become part of an organization where you can follow the impact of your work and build long-term relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders.
As a person, you are motivated by seeing the results of your work as well as engaging with others to create them. You are robust, diligent, curious, and impactful. Your approach is self-starting, and you convincingly engage stakeholders on all levels of the organization, from senior management to sales representative.
You most likely fit the following profile:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in EHS regulations and reporting in Denmark, ideally in an industrial manufacturing setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Environment Engineering, Safety Engineering, or related fields
- Broad technical knowledge and skills in environment, health and safety management systems
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous with keen eye for details
- Expertise in ISO 45001 / OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, EHS compliance and engagement with authorities
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate with individuals of different seniority in a global organization
The corporate language is English, and you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but deadline is November 1st. If you require further information about this position, please contact: Pernille Holm, Team Lead QMS, +45 22 62 09 00.