Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing-related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose of making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with an additional, passionate, and purpose-driven team player in our global UIUX team.
This team is part of R&D where two types of software products are developed. One is audiological fitting applications used at hearing care centers to adjust hearing aids. The other is mobile apps for hearing aid users control their hearing aids and support their lives.
You will be located in our CO2-neutral headquarters north of Copenhagen with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathic. You will work hard and play hard together, and you will do this because you are eager to make a difference and to learn and challenge yourself.
As UI Designer you will be driving the UI design of our next generation audiological fitting application, creating both disruptive concepts and essential incremental changes. You will work closely with our cross-functional development teams with UX Designers, Design System Designers, Software Developers, Testers, and Audiologists. Some of them are distributed over multiple geographical locations, for instance, Erlangen in Germany and Singapore.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Ownership of the fitting software UI design
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design solutions
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final handoff
- Perform visual checks after UI components have been built to ensure pixel perfect implementation
- Own and synchronize Sketch files, apply and contribute to our new Design System, ECHO
- Apply consistent visual brand identity
- Collaborate and co-design with UX Designers, ECHO designers, and audiologists
- Facilitate co-design workshops
- Understand user needs together with Business Owners and Product Managers
- Help improve UI and collaboration practices and mentoring of other designers
- Present and support your designs to peers and senior-level stakeholders
You are a creative digital designer with a user-centered spirit who is at the forefront of the latest UI design trends and practices for web. Additionally, you are a good communicator that knows when to insist and when to accept a compromise. From the big picture down to the pixel, we expect you to be able to adapt and quickly shift your design approach according to the size and complexity of the tasks. Creativity, attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude are part of your strengths
You most likely fit the following profile:
- Master’s degree in UI Design, Human Factors, Service Design, or a similar field
- UI design skills (including interaction design) demonstrated with a strong portfolio
- 5+ years of user interface design work experience
- Prototyping experience
- Comfortable with handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience from an agile development environment – ideally SAFe
- Mastery of Sketch, including creating complex design libraries
- Experience using Zeplin to collaborate with engineers
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We would also appreciate a portfolio with examples of your designs and approach. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.