Formed in 2019 through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 11.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
At Helix Hearing Care, a division of Lifestyle Hearing Corporation, we are looking for an engaging Audiologist for our Barrie North clinic. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building strong relationships and delivering solutions to our customers in relation to our superior product portfolio.
At Lifestyle Hearing Corporation, we are the pioneers of innovative solutions, who have a shared passion for positive impact, and always go above and beyond as a team!
As the Audiologist, your primary responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Provide standardized hearing evaluations for the purposes of hearing aid candidacy including effective masking as described by Company practice guidelines
- Comply with Company guidelines for medical clearance and consultation
- Provide a high standard of client care by proactively serving our customers from the first encounter to all future hearing needs
- To select, fit and verify appropriate amplification
- Maintain an expertise in the selling, fitting and troubleshooting of current hearing aid technology
- Maintain any required professional membership/license/registration and CEU requirements
- Recognize audiological equipment needs and follow company guidelines for appropriate repair and annual calibration
- Follow both Operational and Quality Assurance guidelines as set forth by the Company
- Follow the company’s work and safety procedures and policies
- Attend scheduled meetings to achieve and maintain levels of professional statistics that are indicative of a high standard of client care
- Working with the front office staff in booking both walk-in clients and incoming phone calls
- Following-up with clients to ensure that appropriate client care is provided
- Networking within the medical and client community
- Follow established marketing tools to enhance our business opportunities and provide the avenues to create new ones (i.e. client referral program)
- To work within a team environment with other member of the center staff in achieving goals established by Regional and Main office management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Adhere to the Quality Improvement Plan, including:
- Practice Guidelines that establish testing procedures, interpretation standards, referral protocols and hearing air selection, verification, and fitting procedures
- Client’s Bill of Rights that outline the expectations of hearing care provider and client when services are performed
- Professional Code of Ethics that describes the expected work and professional habits of hearing care providers
- Medical Reporting System whereby the quality of testing skills and appropriateness of applied knowledge is evaluated relative to completeness, timeliness and accuracy
- Quality Intervention Program that provides individual training on issues that are indicated by the Medical Reporting System
- Infection Control Program to reduce the risk of contamination by pathogenic germs;
- Client Opinion Surveys that are designed to monitor client opinion on customer service and hearing aid satisfaction
- Center Assessments that assess management and organizational skills
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- Minimum education is a College Diploma from a recognized Audiology program, or equivalent.
- Where applicable, registration with regulatory college or provincially recognized licensing body/professional membership is required.
- Where applicable, current registration in good standing with regulatory college or provincially recognized licensing body is required.
- Eligibility for participating in third party programs is also a requirement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to establish and maintain a professional rapport with clients and co-workers.
- At least one year of diagnostic/dispensing experience (not applicable for initial practice registrants).
- Current knowledge of hearing health care products and services is an asset.
Lifestyle Hearing is committed to fair and accessible employment practices, and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking place in all aspects of the selection process. If you require further information, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.