Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose to make wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we have decided to build our own Design System – called “Echo”. The purpose of the Design System is to secure visual consistence, brand coherence and effective user interface designs across multiple products (websites, audiological tools, mobile apps) and platforms (web, IOS, Android).
We have set up a new cross-functional team, which is 100% dedicated to Echo. It currently consists of a Lead Front-end Architect, two React Developers, a Design Lead, a UI-Designer and a Graphics Designer. Now, we are looking for more UI Designers who are passionate, purpose driven, and who will help us build a Design System that serves the whole WS Audiology enterprise globally.
You will be located in our CO2 neutral headquarters north of Copenhagen with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathic. You will work hard and play hard together, and you will do this because you are eager to make a difference and to learn and challenge yourself.
As UI Designer, you will create designs for both incremental and disruptive changes.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive the design of new stunning UI components, taking our user interface designs and components to the next level.
- Design mockups to communicate UI behaviors and animations, including the production of screen layouts, user interface elements, and icons.
- Design UI components and style tokens, which are usable by others, not just one-off layouts and components.
- Write usage instructions for developers and designers
- Describe guidelines for visual styling, interaction design, accessibility etc.
- Coach UX Designers and Frontend Developers, who build or use Echo Design
- System assets and help improve tools and collaboration practices.
- +2 years of user interface design experience
- Experience with design systems either as a consumer or creator
- Mater degree in interaction design, web design, or related field
- Domain knowledge about human interface guidelines, accessibility, visual design, motion design, responsive UI, design system languages, and visual patterns
- Proficiency in Sketch and knowledge of publishing tools like Frontify or Invision
- Experience from an agile development environment – ideally SAFe
Performance and personal competencies
- Intrigued by understanding and designing for complex user scenarios
- Comfortable with handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Work independently and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and coordination skill