We offer the opportunity to now join the Signal Processing team at WS Audiology as our new Embedded DSP Engineer. With focus on audio signal processing and digital communication, this dynamic and cross-functional team develops WS Audiology’s future features and functionality that help millions of hearing impaired people worldwide. Our signal processing solutions are developed in-house, and you will work with our algorithm developers and IC designers to implement algorithms in application specific DSP processors.
Formed in 2019 through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 11.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
Join our team of experts
By joining the Signal Processing team in WSA, you will become part of +50 dedicated and highly skilled specialists all working within the field of audio signal processing algorithm development located across our site in Lynge, Denmark and Erlangen, Germany. Located in Lynge or Erlangen, you will contribute on design and develop of the state-of-the-art audio signal processing that demonstrate novel capabilities for hearing aids application.
The culture in the department is focused on teamwork, creativity, as well as being able to think out of the box and continuously come up with new ideas.
The Signal Processing team is dynamic, international, and cross-functional, and you will work alongside our Audiology specialists, IC designers, embedded software developers and electro-acoustic engineers to develop the advanced signal processing for our hearing aids.
Our hearing aids are renowned for their quality and their persistent emphasis on delivering clear and natural sound but also for pushing the envelope and bringing new innovations to the market.
As our new Embedded DSP Engineer, your primary goal will be to take part in algorithm and architecture design towards the realization on application specific DSP processors. You will be in close contact with our IC designers to refine the instruction sets of the DSP processors as well as the hardware architecture in which they are embedded.
Your daily tasks could look like the following:
- Investigation and optimization of algorithms in terms of performance and algorithmic complexity under the constraints of the hearing aid
- Defining HW/SW architecture codesigns for the integration of DSP cores in the digital hearing aid chip
- Developing and implementing algorithms in a highly-optimized way on (vector-) DSPs in C/C++ using intrinsics, in rare cases in assembler language
- Verifying and debugging implemented algorithms in DSP simulators and on FPGAs (on source level and - if needed – in assembly)
- Participation in the development environment team with focus on setting up tools, tests, and simulation of algorithms on the DSP processors
- Close exchange in an interdisciplinary cross-site development team with colleagues from ASIC, firmware and wireless discipline
You are driven by curiosity in the search for the best solutions for people with hearing impairment. You are a strong team-player who works comfortably and efficiently in teams, towards a common goal and enjoy to coach and provide technical guidance to other team members. You strive to face complex problems with a creative mindset as well as enjoy working in an informal, yet professional, atmosphere.
We would expect to see the following experience from you:
- University degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience with embedded digital signal processing
- Very good knowledge in Digital Signal Processors with experience in HW/SW architecture definition
- Very good experience in realizing and optimizing algorithms, esp. for a realization in fixed-point on a DSP.
- Strong analytical mindset with a proven ability to build real-world solutions
- Coding proficiency in C/C++, Matlab and Python
- Good knowledge in debugging embedded software code
- Knowledge of assembly level programming
- Fluency in written and spoken English
It would be an added benefit if, you have had experience with one or more of the following:
- Adaptive systems and filtering
- Hardware design, assessment, and reduction of computational complexity
What we would like to offer you
The working environment at WS Audiology is informal with helpful and skilled colleagues. Our mentality is result-oriented, and we have focus on creating the best possible products and always improving competences. You can expect a working culture with a large degree of freedom under responsibility, where it is, what you deliver in the end that counts.
Our values focus on teamwork across functions, pioneering as well as having the passion to make an impact. So if you can see yourself in those values, you will fit right in.
The benefits we can offer include an advantageous pension scheme with health insurance, flexible working times and good canteen facilities.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your CV as soon as possible as we will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. If you require further information about this position, please contact Talent Acquisition Partner, Kathrine Schlegel Rasmussen at email@example.com.