Our New Product Introduction is looking for an innovative Tool Designer to help develop and draw production tools for testing and production.
Formed in 2019 through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 11.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
WS Audiology continues to grow as market leader in the hearing aid industry, by bringing innovation and best quality in our products to the markets. In the position as Tool Designer, you will join one of the most innovative and fastest growing companies in our business. Working in an agile environment, you will work closely together with the Operations Program Manager (OPM), DFM engineers, R&D, test engineers and production in securing the optimal solutions within a wide range of projects. You will join the New Production Introduction (NPI) team which is cross-functional and reports directly to the Manager of NPI LY.
The team is a part of the Global Advanced Engineering organization.
As we continue to have manufacturing on-site here in Lynge, you will be working both with projects where your stakeholders are close by, in addition to international projects mainly with contact to our production sites in Singapore and Philippines.
You will be joining a team of passionate colleagues working on a range of different R&D projects. The department includes different professions such as OPM, build management, DFM, procurement, process specialists, service specialists and so on.
Focus is always to have fun and help each other in the best way possible, also when the deadlines are tight.
In this new and exciting role as Tool Designer within New Product Introduction, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Design of assembly tools and jigs for use in production and test
- Reviewing of designs and ideas using a DFx/DFM approach
- Responsible of prototyping of tools and jigs in early builds and maturing tools and jigs for pilot production and later mass production
- Close collaboration with R&D, DFM engineers, test engineers and production
The right candidate for this position is passionate about developing tools and fixtures to support the work of New Product Introductions. Furthermore, you understand and appreciate that success is measured in terms of team performance.
- You have hands-on experience as a tool maker or similar
- You have a bachelor degree or similar with focus on technical drawings
- You have experience with 3D CAD design in CREO and experience with documentation in Agile or similar systems
- You have a good understanding of the products and the processes that your designs are to match
- You are fluent in English both oral and written
- You may have experience working within medical device testing, medical device production or similar but this is simply an advantage and not a requirement
Furthermore, we expect you to recognize the following in yourself:
- You have an innovative mindset and are passionate about the things you work with
- You can cooperate across functions and respect the other fields of operations
- You are self-driven and motivated by creating results together with the team
- You work consistently and structured
- You are a service minded and empathic person
- You work independently on your own tasks and thrive with having your own area of expertise
What we would like to offer you
The working environment at WS Audiology is informal with helpful and skilled colleagues. Our values focus on teamwork across functions, pioneering as well as having the passion to make an impact. So, if you can see yourself in those values, you will fit right in.
The benefits we can offer include an advantageous pension scheme with health insurance, sports and arts club, and good canteen facilities.
Our Danish headquarter is based in almost CO2 friendly and modern facility with beautiful surroundings close to Allerød north of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your CV as soon as possible, but no later than the 9th of January 2022. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.