Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of above EUR 2 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
About the team
In Client-Side Engineering, we make awesome apps for the hearing aid users around the world. Our goal is to enhance the experience of people with hearing aids, by giving them more control. With the help of our apps, they can shape the settings in their hearing aids, to help them through their day.
We are a team of passionate and talented professionals from a wide array of professions. We come together in cross functional teams, to work iteratively, with the mission to make apps that our users fall in love with.
Our development model has its foundation in Scrum, and we need a Product Owner to help lift us to new heights.
About the role
The Product Owner is a member of a cross-functional group of people, a “clan” (Agile Team), which has the task of delivering product increments, typically in the context of a project/program. The Product Owners main task is to maximize the value produced by the team and ensuring that stories and backlog reflects business and user's needs. The Product Owner is responsible for complying with definition of done, setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by agile teams, cooperating with Product management, customers, business owners and other relevant stakeholders.
Areas of responsibility
The primary responsibility of the Product Owner who act as the customer proxy is to work with Product management and other stakeholders (including other Product Owners) to define, prioritise the product backlog, prepare sprint candidates for Sprint Planning, communicate the product vision, program priorities (features and enablers) to agile team, daily coordination the work with scrum masters and clans by attending relevant ceremonies (e.g., daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog refinements, design sprints) and Product management meetings for planning and refine committed business objectives.
- Maintain and own product backlog (building, editing, deleting stories, defects, enablers)
- Contribute to vision and ROI
- Create and contribute to high-level plan (together with Product Management)
- Prioritize product backlog according to value
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Address clan needs regarding dependencies (requirements, lack of requirements)
- Overseeing delivery stages (from design to release to the market)
- Prepare and participate in sprint planning
- Clarify the product/features/requirements
- Approve sprint outcomes
- Communicate sprint goals to Product managements
- Communicate and provide accurate view on committed feature
- Plan show and tell session (external)
- Preparing system demo for program and value stream stakeholders
- Escalate and communicate clan impediments
- Support clan members in their day-to-day activities to maximise the value
- Point-of-contact for clan and stakeholders
- Iterate and coordinate dependencies with relevant counterparties (together with Project Manager)
- Execute based on program strategy
- Set up the quality and content expectations towards dependencies
- Ensure product quality
- Adopt agile/scrum/SAFe best practices
Executing our iterations:
- Maintain sprint backlog
- Participate the daily stand-ups and refinement sessions
- Define the theme and content of refinement sessions
- Approve scope creep for active sprint
- Approve sprint delivery
- Just in time clarification on the committed features
- Reprioritize and review product backlog
- Update Master Plan on current execution
- Manage dependencies together with Project Manager
- Accept stories regarding definition of done
- Modify definition of done with clans if not serving the purpose for Product value and quality
- Approve readiness of qualified feature according to definition of ready
- Communicate parts that were missed during qualifications
- Coordinate technical enablers with Architects and developers
- Participate and contribute to team demo
- Participate and contribute to Program retrospective (inspect and Adapt / lessons learn)
- Communicate the impediments
- Define (together with agile teams) improvements and solutions that will increase velocity and quality of the program
- Ensure that critical aspect of feature are shown to stakeholders (define the scope and scenarios for demo)
- Assess iteration deliveries
You will become a success in this role if you are a solid communicator and have great stakeholder management skills.
We imagine that you’ve been working for a few years as Product Owner and are now ready to face new challenges in a highly technical and fast-paced company.
Experience and performance:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Professional experience working as a Product Owner
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Extensive experience with multiple stakeholder management within business teams, IT and external vendors achieving product objectives within agreed timeline
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- A result driven high performer with a solid “can-do” attitude
- Agile and dynamic personality, who can work in a changing fast-paced global environment
- Have a problem-solving mindset
- Derives your actions and decisions from data at hand
- Team player with energy and commitment to foster a positive and diverse team culture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex information in an easy fashion to all business levels
- Communicate effortlessly in English
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. If you require further information about this position, please contact Christian Schmidt, Delivery Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.