We invent the future of better hearing
WS Audiology was founded in 2019 through the merger of Sivantos, headquartered in Singapore, and Widex, headquartered in Lynge, Denmark. Today, the company, of which Sivantos is a subsidiary, employs more than 10,000 people worldwide, is active in more than 125 markets and generates annual sales of 2 billion euros and above. WS Audiology offers a broad portfolio of hearing aids and services through its brands, which include Signia, Widex, Rexton and Audio Service.
Become part of our team at Sivantos GmbH as Developer (m/f/d) Embedded Software in Erlangen and join our Embedded Software development team, working on our hearing instrument firmware. We are more than 30 people including eSW developers, architects, requirement engineers and project managers, organized in SCRUM teams.
We develop under challenging, but exciting conditions. Our system is tiny, has strict battery constraints, as well as resource limitations. On the other hand, the feature set and system complexity are steadily growing.
Your new role
- Embedded software development on ultra-low power custom SoCs in an agile team
- Implementation, integration, and maintenance of multi-processor hearing instrument applications
- Cycle, power, and size optimization of new and existing source code
- Close collaboration with interdisciplinary platform development team (ASIC, Signal Processing, System Engineering)
- Implementation and maintenance of testing and debugging tools
- Contribution to the development of medical devices, according to relevant quality standards e.g. IEC 62304
- Professional experience in embedded software development, ideally in an agile environment
- Master/Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical/electronic engineering, medical engineering, or any other relevant discipline
- Structured working, analytical thinking, and good problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of test-driven development and object-oriented programming
- Deep knowledge of C/C++ usage on tightly resource limited targets
- Good knowledge of DSPs, and ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers
- Good knowledge of Real-Time Operating Systems
- Good knowledge of Bluetooth technology
- Experience in Bluetooth air tracing/sniffing would be an added advantage
- Experience in Python would be an added advantage
- Open minded for new topics and working in an international team
- Good writing and speaking skills in English and German
What we can offer: Flexible working hours including home office, attractive salary package, training and development opportunities, employee discounts at numerous shops and brands, regular company events and way more.