Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing-related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose to make wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with an additional, passionate, and purpose-driven team player in our Embedded Software team.
As our new Embedded Software Engineer, you’ll join our SCRUM team of +60 experienced developers. The team is mainly based in Lynge, and they report directly to the Senior Manager of Embedded Software. The whole team is a part of our R&D department which currently has around 900 experts located in different countries.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who will be working with a system with several limiting factors – still with the objective to perform well. You will have the opportunity to develop the next generation of hearing aids in a company dedicated to increasing the quality of life for people with hearing loss through unique sound quality.
You will be working on development projects, from specifying the features for the new chip to writing the code. You will be responsible for creating efficient software that is optimized for speed, power consumption, and memory.
You’ll especially focus on:
- Defining the specifications together with your colleagues, document, implement, and test the solution.
- Participating in an academic environment where we focus on quality and end-user experience
- Developing software in C++/Python.
- Contributing to our high-quality deliveries through code review, unit tests, and Continuous Integration
We're looking for an experienced Engineer that has proficiency in C++ embedded development. You have a good and structured approach to well-founded software development. You want to be a key player in developing our future embedded platform, which is a complex system that involves hardware, embedded software, application software, and mobile apps.
As a person, you are robust, diligent, curious, and impactful. You are also able to easily build up good relationships and collaborate with different stakeholders.
- Performance requires a degree in Electronics, IT engineering, and other related fields
- Experience within C++/Python and real-time embedded programming
- Understanding and experience in communicating with hardware
- Proficiency with multithreaded programming
- Excellent skills in debugging real-time systems that have very few resources
Performance and personal competencies
- An open-minded individual who’s not afraid to suggest and bring up new solutions
- Comfortable with handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Work with a structured approach and a planning mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and coordination skills
The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.