WS Audiology was formed through the partnership of Sivantos with headquarter in Singapore and Widex with headquarter in Lynge, Denmark. Two pioneers joining forces with a clear ambition to expand hearing care for millions of people with hearing needs.
Together, we can look back on a proud history of nearly 170 years of leading global innovation in the hearing aid industry. Today, the company employs roughly 11,000 people worldwide, is active in about 125 markets and generates more than 2 billion euros in revenue annually.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose on making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with an additional, passionate and purpose-driven team player in our global UX team.
This team is part of R&D where two types of software products are developed. One is audiological fitting applications used at hearing care centres to adjust hearing aids. The other is mobile apps for hearing aid users to control their hearing aids and support their lives.
You will be located in our CO2 neutral headquarters north of Copenhagen with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathic. You will work hard and play hard together, and you will do this because you are eager to make a difference and to learn and challenge yourself.
We expect you to be a creative digital designer with a user-centred spirit. Additionally, you are a strong communicator that knows when to insist and when to accept a compromise. You are a team player, who seeks design feedback and engage in constructive discussions with your UX colleagues. Creativity, attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude are part of your strengths.
You most likely fit the following profile:
- Master’s degree in UI Design, Human Factors, Service Design or a similar field
- 5+ years of user experience design work experience
- Extensive knowledge with native mobile design Android in particular
- You know how to use the tools of the trade like, Figma, Sketch with full UX toolbox with wireframing, prototyping, user testing, etc.
- Domain knowledge about medical device development or even audiology is a plus
The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
As Senior UX Designer you will be driving the design of our next generation apps for hearing aids wearers, creating both disruptive concepts and essential incremental changes. You will work closely with our cross-functional development teams with Software Developers, Testers, and Audiologists. Some of them are distributed over multiple geographical locations, for instance Erlangen in Germany and Singapore.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Create storyboards, mock-ups, click-dummies, wireframes, etc.
- Conduct heuristic evaluations and analyze user feedback
- You know how to distil simplicity from complex user requirements
- You have experience with user research and translating insights from research to your designs
- You are flexible, decisive and focus on the needs of the customer
- You know how to define and prioritize problems to be tackled
- Work independently and have excellent problem-solving skills
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We would also appreciate a portfolio with examples of your designs and approach. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.