Formed in 2019 through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our 12.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
This visible Manager role main duty is to lead and develop a growing team of currently 5 data engineers and data analysts, spread across our two main Software Development sites in Lynge (Denmark) and Erlangen (Germany).
Your mission with the team is to:
- Provide marketing and engineering with actionable data insights (raw data up to ready-to-use dashboards and reports) on our digital products and connected hearing aids
- Manage pipelines for data capturing, sanitization, post-processing, and analytics, based on Microsoft Azure Databricks platform
- Collaborate with business owners, product managers and product owners, domain experts and engineers to jointly generate data insights related to our products and their use in a reliable and efficient way.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Inspiring, growing and leading our team of data analysts and engineers to cater for the constantly increasing importance of data insights to our business
- Partnering with research, marketing, product development and domain experts to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions based on objective data insights
- Ensuring that analysis lead to clear and actionable recommendations for impactful decisions and product changes
- Owning and further improving the data engineering and analytics pipeline incl. used technologies and related toolchain (Azure DevOps, Databricks, PySpark, SQL, Scala, Power BI, Application Insights)
- Treating data as a corporate asset in all aspects, concerning governance, regulatory compliance (incl. GDPR) and security controls
- Continuous sharing of data science initiatives, success stories, and best practices with the leadership and the stakeholders
What we would like to see in you
- You have a background in a technical field including software engineering, and experience working with large and complex data stores you leveraged to drive data-informed decisions
- You have experience in leading and scaling diverse, geographically dispersed, high-performing teams of data scientists and a passion for going beyond together
- You are thrilled about data, focused on results, and have demonstrated success in using data analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of products or services
- You’re a true team player with genuine social and communications skills who enjoys influencing product strategy through clear and compelling insights and analysis
- You are resilient and show a ‘can-do’ attitude in a fast-paced agile work environment.
What we would like to offer you
The working environment at WS Audiology is informal with helpful and skilled colleagues. Our mentality is result-oriented, and we have focus on creating the best possible products and always improving competences. You can expect a working culture with a large degree of freedom under responsibility, where it is, what you deliver in the end that counts.
Our values focus on teamwork across functions, pioneering as well as having the passion to make an impact. So, if you can see yourself in those values, you will fit right in.
The benefits we can offer include an advantageous pension scheme with health insurance, sports and arts club, and good canteen facilities.
Our Danish headquarter is based in almost CO2 friendly and modern facility with beautiful surroundings close to Allerød, north of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Come join us
If we have caught your interest, please do not hesitate to send your CV, no application needed, our way. We will screen and invite candidates for interview on an ongoing basis, but please apply no later than the 6th of May 2022.