WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our around 12.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
About the team
We make awesome apps for the hearing aid users around the world. Our goal is to enhance the experience of people with hearing aids, by giving them more control. With the help of our apps, they can shape the settings in their hearing aids, to help them through their day. We are a team of passionate and talented professionals from a wide array of professions.
We come together in cross functional teams, to work iteratively, with the mission to make apps that our users fall in love with. Our development model has its foundation in Scrum, and we need a Product Owner with strong technical background to help lift us to new heights. About the role The Technical Product Owner is a member of a cross-functional group of people, a “clan” (Agile Team), which has the task of delivering product increments in form of a foundational component, typically in the context of a project/program.
The Product Owners main task is to maximize the value produced by the team and ensuring that stories and backlog reflects business and user's needs. The Product Owner is responsible for complying with definition of done, setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by agile teams, cooperating with Product management, system engineering, customers, business owners and other relevant stakeholders.
Areas of responsibility
The primary responsibility of the Technical Product Owner is to work with system engineering, embedded SW, Product management and other stakeholders (including other Product Owners) to define, prioritize the product backlog, prepare sprint candidates for Sprint Planning, communicate the product vision, program priorities (features and enablers) to agile team, daily coordination the work with scrum masters and clans by attending relevant ceremonies (e.g., daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog refinements, design sprints) and Product management meetings for planning and refine committed business objectives. Your focus will be on a central component which is base for the development of the apps.
• Maintain and own backlog (building, editing, deleting stories, defects, enablers, prioritizing)
• contribute to the planning of product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities within your area of responsibility
• Address clan needs regarding dependencies (requirements, lack of requirements, maturity of sub systems)
• Overseeing delivery stages (from design to release to the market)
• Prepare and participate in sprint planning
• Approve sprint outcomes’
• Support clan members in their day-to-day activities to maximize the value
• Point-of-contact for clan and stakeholders
• Iterate and coordinate dependencies with relevant parties (together with Project Manager)
• Execute based on program strategy
• Set up the quality and content expectations towards dependencies
• Ensure quality of the component you are responsible for
• Adopt agile/scrum/scaled agile best practices
Executing our sprints:
• Re-prioritize and review product backlog
• single entry point for requests to the team
• Define the theme and content of refinement sessions
• participate in refinement sessions as product owner
• Just in time clarification on the committed features
• Update the high level plan on current execution
• Manage dependencies together with project manager and agile facilitator
• Accept stories regarding definition of done
• Modify definition of done with clans if not serving the purpose for Product value and quality
• Approve readiness of qualified feature according to definition of ready
• Communicate parts that were missed during qualifications
• Coordinate technical enablers with Architects and developers
• Participate and contribute to team demo, retrospectives etc.
• Define (together with agile teams) improvements and solutions that will increase velocity and quality of the program
• Ensure that critical aspect of feature are shown to stakeholders (define the scope and scenarios for demo)
You will become a success in this role if you are a solid communicator,
having excellent technical understanding and great stakeholder management skills.
We imagine that you’ve been working for a few years as Product Owner in a technical area and that you are now ready to face new challenges in a highly technical and fast-paced company.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
• Professional experience working as a Product Owner
• Technical background as developer and/or excellent understanding of SW development
• In-depth knowledge and practices in Agile processes and principles preferred in a scaled agile environment
• Extensive experience with multiple stakeholder management (e.g. within business teams, IT) achieving product objectives within agreed timeline
• Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• A result driven high performer with a solid “can-do” attitude
• Agile and dynamic personality, who can work in a changing fast-paced global environment
• Problem-solving mindset combined with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Deriving your actions and decisions from data at hand
• Strong willingness to grow into a technically challenging domain supported by your analytical and problem solving skills
• Team player with energy and commitment to foster a positive and diverse team culture
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex information in an easy fashion to all business levels in fluent English
• Commitment to work in an intercultural context in a dispersed team over different R&D locations
What we would like to offer you
The working environment at WS Audiology is informal with helpful and skilled colleagues. Our mentality is result-oriented, and we have focus on creating the best possible products and always improving competences. You can expect a working culture with a large degree of freedom under responsibility, where it is, what you deliver in the end that counts.
Our values focus on teamwork across functions, pioneering as well as having the passion to make an impact. So, if you can see yourself in those values, you will fit right in.
The benefits we can offer include an advantageous pension scheme with health insurance, sports and arts club, and good canteen facilities.
Our Danish headquarter is based in almost CO2 friendly and modern facility with beautiful surroundings close to Allerød, north of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Come join us
If we have caught your interest, please do not hesitate to send your CV, no application needed, our way. We will screen and invite candidates for interview on an ongoing basis.