WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our around 12.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
This is who we are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6dfhNYMK8Q
Our new Category Manager will become a member of our matrix, international procurement team which is located across the globe – they all report directly to the Procurement Transportation & Packaging Director. In this role you will be also dealing with internal (Utilities, Facilities, Local Investment & others Indirect Spent) and external stakeholders.
In this role, you will be dealing with the category of transportation globally and local indirect categories. This position is responsible for the end-to-end process from source-to-contract for a given category, for appraising and improving sourcing activities by analyzing internal spend and external opportunities, and for developing strong strategic relationships with suppliers.
In this role you’ll be engaged in:
- Cost-saving projects,
- Identify cost-saving opportunities through price negotiation, developing alternate source/materials, global consolidation, etc.,
- Monitor and tracking of cost-saving against the target. Follow up an action plan to close the gap,
- Master agreement creation & definition of the strategy related to category responsible,
- Co-ordination with the affiliates globally to streamline/enlarge (as needed) the suppliers base for logistic vendors to guarantee the proper SLA,
- Support the activities related to the local plants in Poland (manufacturing and distribution center) including Capex & Opex expenses,
- Ensure the creation of a supply agreement for the indirect suppliers, according to the WSA policy,
- Support Procurement related audit, procedural maintenance, documentation control, supplier evaluation, and new vendor creation/amendment.
This position must demonstrate proficiency in sourcing best practices and applying them. Must have mastery of contracting, superior negotiation and analytical skills and function as an internal facilitator. The incumbent must understand and recommend optimum contract types for implementation based upon business needs and marketplace, and possess knowledge of supplier certification.
- Min. 5 years working experience in procurement-related environment,
- University degree (Engineering or Economic related fields),
- Working experience in a similar branch (hearing aids industry, white goods & automotive are preferred),
- Flexibility to work with stakeholders/cross-functionally in different locations/countries and time zones,
- Ability to travel (less than 10 days per month),
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint,
Very good English language skill is essential due to the global nature of the role.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking; ability to leverage data to define problems-to-solve and winning solutions
- Strong thought leadership and influencing skills: ability to influence both internal team members and customers to reach growth goals
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact confidently and effectively with team members, leadership, and the customer
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Strong planning/organizing skills; the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Opportunity to lead global transportation category and gain an experience in a global structure,
- Stable employment conditions,
- Possibilities for development, such as training budget and access to the Linkedin Learning platform,
- Package of additional benefits, like sports card, private medical care, and life insurance