We are on the hunt for an Agile Software Manager, to take part in one of our innovative projects within Business-to-Consumer (B2C) Client Side engineering. So, if you are looking for a position where you have the chance to work within an agile SW setup as well having the management responsibility for an skilled group of SW Engineers, you have come to the right place.
WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our around 12.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
In B2C Client-Side Engineering, we make awesome apps for the hearing aid users around the world. Our goal is to enhance the experience of people with hearing aids, by giving them more control. With the support of our apps, they can shape the settings in their hearing aids, to support them through their day.
We are a team of motivated and skilled professionals from a wide array of professions. We come together in cross functional teams, to work iteratively, with the mission to make apps that our users fall in love with.
The Agile Software manager is a combination of two traditional roles – a Scrum Master and a personnel manager.
You will join our agile setup and become a member of a cross functional group of people, called a "clan", whose focus is on the implementation and delivery of amazing app features. The clan consists of between 5-10 people, both developers and testers placed across our site in Lynge as well as Macedonia.
You will become the direct line manager for a team of 5-10 that can go across clans or be responsible for the line management of your own clan.
Beyond having the responsibilities as a people manager for the team including coaching and developing the team, you will have the following responsibilities.
- Facilitation of the clan, including facilitation of daily standups, supporting clan members, preparation of sprint activities and so on
- Project related responsibilities such as, functioning as the point-of-contact for the clan, facilitate estimation sessions and give input to planning activity, provide input to planning sessions, coordinate across clans, inputs to Project Leader on progress
- Competence & knowledge management such as to ensure QMS training and document compliance, competence development as well as gathering and develop knowledge related to the working area of the team.
- Facilitate and ensure knowledge sharing between clans
- Your responsibilities will also be to provide input to management on issues and suggestions for a smoother agile process. Sparring with the other Agile Software Managers to share experience and action plan for improvement
As an Agile Software manager, you will have the decision making power, to adjust and/or experiment with your clan practices within the broader agile methodology as well as determine the approach and give inputs to improvement areas in the department, and last but not least being responsible for your team including competence development of these.
You are an experienced profile within your area, with a relevant degree e.g. bachelor or candidate such as Cand. Scient, Engineering, mathematics or similar. Furthermore, you have also previously been working within an agile setup as a Scrum Master, Project Manager or the alike.
- A background within SW development is beneficial
- You have, or are interested in, developing your leadership ability in order to supervise highly skilled people (“knowledge workers”)
- You have several years of experience within SW product development
- You have experience working within a project-oriented setup
- It would be beneficial if you a certification or other experience within an agile methodology
What we hope to see in you, beyond your skills
If you can guide, mentor and develop others for future growth and development as well as being the one that continuously motivate and influence others, then you have the right leadership mindset at WSA.
Besides, we expect you to see yourself in some of the following statements:
- You have a holistic view on things
- You have a high degree of social competences with an open and communicative style
- You are motivated, pragmatic, and open-minded as a person
- You can take the needed decisions and handle conflicts with ease
- You thrive in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment
What we would like to offer you
The working environment at WS Audiology is informal with helpful and skilled colleagues. Our mentality is result-oriented, and we have focus on creating the best possible products and always improving competences. You can expect a working culture with a large degree of freedom under responsibility, where it is, what you deliver in the end that counts.
Our values focus on teamwork across functions, pioneering as well as having the passion to make an impact. So, if you can see yourself in those values, you will fit right in.
The benefits we can offer include an advantageous pension scheme with health insurance, sports and arts club, and good canteen facilities.
Our Danish headquarter is based in almost CO2 friendly and modern facility with beautiful surroundings close to Allerød, north of Copenhagen, Denmark.
If all of this seems to be something that caught your interest, please send your CV as soon as possible. We will screen and interview candidates on an ongoing basis. In case of any questions, please feel free to reach out to the manager for B2C SW Development, Christian Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org