Pioneering for better solutions
For WSA, it is all about making Wonderful Sound for All, and we really hope you are ready to join our exciting projects. So, continue reading if you are looking for a position with a true purpose.
What we can offer you
Located in our CO2 neutral HQ in Lynge, you will join an innovative and committed team, who are highly skilled and empathic and masters of their craft. If togetherness motivates you, and you are interested in making a difference and continuously learn and engage yourself and others, then we are the right place for you to join. We work across teams and locations in Europe, so working from home will be possible during the week.
A brief introduction
At WS Audiology, Research & Development is it all about understanding people – and building awareness about, how our hearing aids can improve their quality of life.
We are looking for a Release Train Engineer (RTE) working in a scaled agile setup (SAFe) in Embedded SW. As background you have either worked as RTE, or you have experience as scrum master in an Agile Release Train. You will be working with teams across our two R&D sites in Erlangen and Lynge continuing to foster and nurture an agile mindset.
You will have the opportunity to join awesome projects in WS Audiology, where you will have a crucial impact focusing on coaching great agile software teams that are building application that makes the lives better for our hearing aid professionals and users around the world.
What do we expect from a Release Train Engineer in WSA
As RTE, you optimize flow for teams in the ART. In daily life, you coach product managers, product owners, scrum masters, and ART members in agile ways of working. You support creating a high degree of transparency around deliveries and assist to manage dependencies and impediments so teams can succeed with their objectives.
- Facilitate ART ceremonies like PI planning and ART Syncs
- Work closely with the product team, i.e., product managers, product owners, and technical members
- Optimize flow using tools like Kanban boards
- Support organizing around value within Embedded Software and across the organization
- Work actively in communities of practice for agile coaches, release train engineers, and scrum masters.
- Create transparency of ART deliveries
- Demonstrate progress on the agile journey through continuous improvements and a learning mindset for ART members
- Advocate our agile journey, guide by example and encourage the continuous improvements in all of the department
The ideal candidate holds a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in IT, Software, Electronics, Computer Science or similar combined with several years of practical experience as RTE and/or scrum master in a larger organization.
As a person, you have the passion for impact and are motivated by seeing the results of your effort as well as engaging with others to create them as well as having the ability to take the lead when needed. You are a great team member, who has the conviction that you can accomplish more as a team than as an individual and are able to communicate this in a precis and easy-to-understand way. Furthermore, you able to present and facilitate your knowledge in an outstanding manor.
You can make things happen and you do not back down from an opportunity. Finally, you thrive in walking the extra mile for the team and you have great collaboration skills.
We guarantee that when working at WSA, you will grow personally as well as building a new set of competencies. At the same time, you will be supporting people in making wonderful sound for all through the solutions you develop.
In terms of your practical experience, we would hope to see the following:
5+ years of experience as RTE and/or scrum master
- An extensive agile toolbox that you have effectively applied across large teams and sites
- An interest and curiosity for everything agile
- Solid experience of achieving your goals through teaching and instilling a continuous improvement mindset in software developers and managers
- Solid understanding of SW Development
- Deep knowledge and understanding of several agile frameworks like Scrum, SAFe, Lean OR LeSS
- In-depth knowledge and practice in agile processes and principles preferred in a scaled agile environment
- Having a certification in one the following would be an advantage: Scrum Coach certification, Scrum Master certification, SPC certification, RTE certification
- Extensive experience with multiple stakeholder management (e.g., within business teams, IT) achieving product goals within agreed timeline
WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our around 12.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
We review applications on a continuous basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.