Does your heart beat a bit faster thinking about ways to ensure better data quality and do you appreciate seeing data initiatives improve efficiency and data value? And do you want to work with Customer Master Data in an organization where you have an actual impact on peoples lives? Then please go on and read, as we are now looking for someone to take on the role as Master Data Manager focusing on Customer Master Data.
WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our around 12.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 125 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
A bit about the role
As our new Customer Master Data Manager, you will be responsible for framing and promoting Master Data Excellence on our customer side and establish the right foundation to ensure data quality and integrity as well as identify and implement initiatives that improve efficiency and generate business value.
You will work closely with different stakeholders across our regional offices to ensure global consistency in relation to the data coming from these markets. You will therefore be interacting with both marketing and the finance team, as well as having continuous dialogue with our key markets. Some of them are distributed over multiple geographical locations, for instance our office in Erlangen, Germany.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Define and coordinate strategic milestones for customer master data to enable customer 360 view
- Continuously enhance the global governance model for our customer master data (B2B)
- Define key goals and anchor customer master data initiatives and global standards with local markets and in key applications
- Identify process optimization and data improvements and collaborate with business process and data owners in defining and implementing data strategy, policies and control measures, to ensure data quality and consistency across key applications
- Assist in data management and governance with IT and Finance to ensure data is consistent and supports commercial business rules and requirements
- Work closely with local data owners to resolve data quality problems, and support with trainings and local adoption
- Handle multiple stakeholders, and bridge our corporate technical team and end users to secure alignment, implementation, and user adoption
- Ensure the realization of the value in business processes both locally as well as globally
But what are we looking for then?
We expect you to be an experienced specialist with international expertise within Master Data & Master Data Management with a significant desire to optimize processes and ensure sustainable solutions to improve master data quality and timeliness.
What we would like to see in you
- More than 3 years of experience with master data management or data analytics
- Solid general knowledge on master data and understanding of the data collection processes
- Experience in developing master data policies and procedures, preferably within the customer data area
- Experience in documenting data dependencies, system impacts and ownership of data
- Ability to understand the technical setup and dependencies in the system behind the data
- Proven ability to identify business requirements and translate them to requirements for the technical team.
- Project management and experience with cross-functional projects.
- Good skills in Excel, Data extraction and BI tools (PowerBI)
- Experience with Salesforce.com and LN Infor ERP would be beneficial
What we like to see in you on a personal level
- Enthusiastic about data
- Methodical & good problem-solving skills
- Thrive to continuously learn and heighten the quality and accuracy levels of data
- Motivated to show results with a innovative “can-do” attitude
- Ability to handle stakeholders to ensure global alignment and buy-in from local users
- Ability to work freely and as part of a team
- Good communication skills and able to convey complex information in a simple manner
- International profile, who is used to work across countries and cultures
- Willing and able to travel (less than 20 days per year)
The corporate language is English, so you need to have professional proficiency in English, both verbally and in writing.
Send your CV, no application needed, as soon as possible, as we will invite for interviews on an ongoing basis. Do you have any questions? Then please do not hesitate to reach out to Talent Acquisition Partner, Kathrine Schlegel Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org.