WS Audiology combines over 140 years of experience in pioneering better solutions to help people with hearing loss. With a passion for impact, our around 12.000 employees are committed to achieving our purpose: wonderful sound for all. With brands like Signia, Widex, Audio Service, Rexton and Vibe, and with diverse assets across wholesale, retail, online, managed care and diagnostic solutions, we are active in over 130 markets. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2 billion.
About the role
We have grown two functional teams of Cloud SW Engineers and Cloud Operations Engineers, spread across our main SW development sites in Lynge (Denmark), Erlangen (Germany) and our offshore partner in Bangalore (India).
To deliver on our purpose on making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our Cloud capabilities by creating and growing a new team to spearhead Reliability Engineering.
As Head of Cloud Reliability Engineering, your mission is to:
- Raise our understanding in modern SaaS provisioning and be ultimately responsible for defining and driving the charter and mission for reliability engineering.
- Develop the people, processes, and tools that ensure the resiliency, scalability and performance of a complex, partly medical cloud-based product suite, built by a globally dispersed team.
- Work closely with other engineering leaders and software product development teams to continuously measure and improve the quality of our Microsoft Azure based cloud solutions and co-create reliability.
- Establish Service Level Objectives (SLOs) based on a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) of the SaaS solutions to be operated
- Inspire teams to apply state-of-the-art software engineering principles and practices to guarantee availability, scalability, latency, maintainability, and security of our services and underlying infrastructure.
You are an experienced engineering leader who understands that in the world of SaaS solutions, building software only gets you to the starting line. Shipping, operating, and supporting those cloud-based services is the race. You live and breathe SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs, and are passionate about empowering teams to achieve them.
You exhibit a service mindset, have several years of experience in a fast-paced, agile development environment and are enthusiastic about talent and team building.
- Experience defining and executing on a SaaS reliability engineering strategy, driven by business impact and derived service level objectives
- 5+ years in an engineering leadership role, mentoring and scaling geographically dispersed, high-performing Site Reliability, DevOps, or other Software Engineering teams working on a cloud-based SaaS solution
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Cloud Software Engineer
- Familiarity with effective executive communication and stakeholder management, promoting the value of reliability engineering
- Deep knowledge of service management principles (ITSM) and agile processes.
- Good understanding of methods, technologies and trends concerning reliable cloud software engineering, delivery and service operations.