Pioneering for better solutions
For WSA, it is all about making Wonderful Sound for All, and we really hope you are ready to join our exciting projects. So, continue reading, if you are looking for a position with a true purpose.
Interested in a virtual coffee meeting?
We are curious to get to know you and discover if there could be a mutual interest. We welcome people with different kinds of experience and uniqueness as long as you have practical experience with being an embedded software developer, work permit in Denmark and can commute to the Lynge office.
All you need to do is click “Apply now” to show your interest and we will schedule a virtual meeting with you.
What we can offer you
Located in our CO2 neutral HQ north of Copenhagen, in beautiful Lynge, you will join a dynamic and dedicated team, who are highly skilled and empathic and masters of their craft. If togetherness motivates you, and you are driven towards making a difference and continuously learn and challenge yourself, then we are the right place for you to join. We work across teams and locations in Europe, so working from home will be possible during the week.
You will have the opportunity to join awesome projects in WS Audiology, where you will have a crucial impact focusing on building application that makes the lives better for our hearing aid professionals and users around the world.
A bit about the role
At WS Audiology, Research & Development it is all about understanding people – and building awareness about how our hearing aids can improve their quality of life.
In our Embedded Software department, we are looking for an experienced embedded software developer who can deliver top quality output. You are a very structured team player, who can communicate in a precis and easy-to-understand way. You can make things happen and you do not back down from a challenge. Finally, you thrive in walking the extra mile for the team and you have great collaboration skills.
You will be working on development projects, from specifying the features to writing the code. You will be responsible for creating efficient software that is optimized for speed, power consumption and memory.
With us you will be responsible for:
- Create requirements which is the foundation for what we develop
- Write design which describes what you intend to implement
- Implement feature to match the requirements and design
- Contribute to our peer review and continuous integration
- Implement unit tests to ensure correct behavior of your implementation
- Create test specifications to ensure high-quality deliveries for our users
- Meet our Definition of Ready and Definition of Done
- Ensure compliance with medical standards
- Bring a positive mindset to continue the cozy atmosphere which we treasure in the team
A bit about you
The ideal candidate holds a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in IT, Software, Electronics, Computer Science or similar combined with several years of practical experience within the medical industry.
As a person, you have the passion for impact and are motivated by seeing the results of your effort as well as engaging with others to create them. You are an excellent team player and believe that you can accomplish more as a team than as an individual.
We guarantee that when working at WSA, you will grow personally as well as building a new set of competencies. At the same time, you will be supporting people in making wonderful sound for all through the solutions you develop.
We hope you can recognize yourself in the following
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in IT, Software, Electronics, Computer Science or similar
- Experienced within C++/Python and real-time embedded programming.
- Thorough experience in communicating with hardware
- A thorough understanding and experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience with debugging real-time systems that have very few resources
- A proven continuous improvement mindset
- Great communication skills, to effectively communicate across cross-functional teams
- Knowledge and understanding of Medical Device Regulation and Design Control is a plus
- Knowledge about EN 62304 is a plus
Sounds Wonderful? Then come join us
Every day our 12,500 colleagues in 130 markets help millions of people regain and benefit from the miracle of hearing. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2.3 billion. Our portfolio of technologies spans the full spectrum of hearing care, from distinct hearing brands and digital platforms to managed care, hearing centers and diagnostics locations.