UI Designer (m/f/d)- Mobile Apps
We usually respond within two weeks
What you will do
UI designers collaborate closely with other team members inside Global UX as well as developers embedded inside product teams. The role requires someone who is highly organised and experienced to build and own a Figma design library that will be paired with a codebase used by the teams.
As a UI Designer you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a comprehensive design system that will be robust but also flexible enough to adapt to the needs of differing brands. UI components you create will be detail orientated but also considered as part of the larger ecosystem of creating screens, flows and experiences with these building blocks.
You will be providing the experience of our next generation audiological mobile apps, working closely with our cross-functional development teams, Software Developers, Testers, and Audiologists.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
• Understand user needs of the design and development teams working with the components you create
• Continually educate the wider business of the value of UI design
• Work inside Figma to create new flexible components and iterate on existing patterns
• Contribute to our design practice across the mobile app teams
• Work strategically to raise the UX maturity of the wider team
What you bring
- Higher education in UI/UX Design, Human-centered design practices, Service Design, or a similar field
- Knowledge of Universal Design and accessibility standards
- Experience with Apple Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design
- Specific experience with building and maintaining UI design libraries in Figma
- A portfolio showcasing UI/UX and visual design
- The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Domain knowledge about medical device development or audiology is a plus
We expect you to be a user-centered designer with an eye for strong visuals and smart user journeys. You are a team player, who seeks design feedback and engages in constructive discussions with colleagues. Creativity, attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude are part of your proficiency.
What we offer
We are driven by innovation and development so working with us is a constant learning curve. You will be located in our site in Erlangen, Germany with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathetic.
We offer flexible working times & opportunities for working from home. You can always get free coffee at the office. We are part of the IG Metall tariff agreement offering attractive compensation and futher benefits like contributions to the company pension plan or child-care.
Who we are
At WS Audiology, we provide innovative hearing aids and hearing health services.
Together with our 12,000 colleagues in 130 countries, we invite you to help unlock human potential by bringing back hearing for millions of people around the world. With us, you will become part of a truly global company where we care for one another, welcome diversity and celebrate our successes.
We can't wait to hear from you!
WS Audiology is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
- Research & Development
- Cross Software Development
- Erlangen, Germany
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
UI Designer (m/f/d)- Mobile Apps
Loading application form
Already working at WS Audiology EMEA?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.