Engineering Manager (m/f/d) E-Commerce
We usually respond within two weeks
As Engineering Manager (m/f/d) E-Commerce you will manage a Team of Back-end/Front-end Engineers combination of in-house & out-sourced and are responsible in providing leadership, advice, guidance and support to the team in all development tasks. You will work closely with relevant IT, Business stakeholders and senior management. Some of them are distributed over multiple geographical locations, for instance Singapore, India, Germany, Denmark and US.
What you will do
- Participate in software design, development, and implementation using relevant eCommerce platforms, specifically Magento
- Implementing best practices in technology, features, performance and scalability
- Manage a Team of Back-end/Front-end Engineers combination of in-house & out-sourced
- Responsible in providing leadership, advice, guidance and support to the team in all development tasks. This includes ensuring alignment of strategy and activities to all other development streams.
- Participating in assessment activities for new Projects, Features and tools
- Providing input from Engineering point of view, possible challenges and time estimates
- Assist team to allocate right resources for better budget planning
- Continuously Analysis of existing Technical landscape to foresee upcoming challenges, providing solutions in problematic areas and tracking the suggested solution
- Mentor junior team members and ensure software developed adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams, people management experience
- Min 3 Years Experience in E-Commerce Development projects using any leading ecommerce platforms like Magento, Shopify or Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Experienced in the full software development cycle, from planning to deployment
- Experienced in LAMP stack (Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, PHP7)
- Experienced in OOP, knowledge of design patterns
- Experience in Web Server stack is highly beneficial: Apache, Varnish, Redis, Ubuntu Server
- Flexibility to adjust to new processes
- Previous experience with Magento Development is a plus
- University degree in engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
What we offer
We are driven by innovation and development so working with us is a constant learning curve. You will be located in our site in Erlangen, Germany with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathetic.
We offer flexible working times & opportunities for working from home. You can always get free coffee at the office. We are part of the IG Metall tariff agreement offering attractive compensation and futher benefits like contributions to the company pension plan or child-care.
Who we are
At WS Audiology, we provide innovative hearing aids and hearing health services.
Together with our 12,000 colleagues in 130 countries, we invite you to help unlock human potential by bringing back hearing for millions of people around the world. With us, you will become part of a truly global company where we care for one another, welcome diversity and celebrate our successes.
We can't wait to hear from you.
WS Audiology is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
- Information Technology
- Commercial Systems
- Erlangen, Germany
Engineering Manager (m/f/d) E-Commerce
Loading application form
Already working at WS Audiology EMEA?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.