Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose to make wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with an additional, passionate and purpose-driven team player in our global UX team.
This team is part of R&D where two types of software products are developed. One is audiological fitting applications used at hearing care centers to adjust hearing aids. The other is mobile apps for hearing aid users to control their hearing aids and support their lives.
You will be based in our office in Erlangen together with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathic. You will work hard and play hard together, but you do this because you are eager to make a difference, to learn, and to challenge yourself.
As Senior UX Designer for our mobile apps, you will create UI designs for both incremental and disruptive changes. You will sit together with the mobile app development team and work according to agile methods in a cross-functional setup with Software Developers, Testers, UX Designers and Audiologists. Some of them are distributed over multiple geographical locations, for instance, Bengaluru and Singapore.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Understand user needs together with Business Owners
- Conceptualize ideas that bring user friendliness to complex audiological fitting
- Create storyboards, mock-ups, click-dummies, wireframes, etc.
- Apply and contribute to our Design System library
- Conduct user testing and analyze user feedback
- Oversee that UI implementation match design intention
- Write required medical regulatory usability documentation
We expect you to be a creative digital designer with a user-centered spirit. Additionally, you are a strong communicator that knows when to insist and when to accept a compromise. You are a team player, who seeks design feedback and engage in constructive discussions with your UX colleagues. Creativity, attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude are part of your strengths.
You most likely fit the following profile:
- Master’s degree in UI Design, Human Factors, Service Design or a similar field
- 8+ years of user experience design work experience
- Full UX toolbox with wireframing, prototyping, user testing, etc.
- Advanced user of Sketch
- Good domain knowledge from mobile app design and UI patterns
- Domain knowledge about medical device development or even audiology is a plus
- Intrigued by understanding and designing for complex user scenarios
- Comfortable with handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Work independently and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and coordination skills
- Experience from an agile development environment – ideally SAFe
The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. German is a plus.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application with your portfolio as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.