Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that works with the next generation of hearing aids? Do you like size and compatibility challenges that are far from textbook problems? Then you may be the RF design engineer, we are looking for.
You will be working in a small team with other RF and Antenna designers and you will have weekly contact with other RF experts in sister teams in both Singapore and Germany. The team usually cross collaborates with mechanical engineers, amplifier layout engineers, software developers and platform teams.
As RF Design Engineer you will have the responsibility for developing various radios including Bluetooth for the next generation hearing aids. You will also have the responsibility for limiting system-to-system interference within the hearing aid.
Some of your daily tasks are primarily to:
- Design of radio circuits for Bluetooth and NFMI
- Measure hearing aid prototypes in the lab or in our anechoic chamber.
- Debug internal electromagnetic interference problems
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and production to find the best possible solutions
- Simulate interference and key performance parameters in HFSS, CST etc.
- Investigate future technologies for hearing aids
- Conduct regulatory compliance testing
In short, you will build efficient radio solutions that deliver the required performance despite of the compact physical conditions in a hearing aid. You also understand the need for trade-offs between electronics and mechanics and between quality, cost and schedule. You can expect 5 to 10 traveling days per year.
You must have hands on professional experience in
- Electromagnetism and interference
- Measurement of antenna and radio performance
- Electrical hardware design in relation to RF
- Documentation of design and test – compliance of medical device directive is a bonus
- Simulation of electromagnetics
- Compliance testing
- Innovative mindset and a good drive, and you like to show results.
- Enjoy working independently when required, can stay organized and can make decisions.
- Responsible for your tasks, while keeping an overview of not only your own tasks, but also the links to the tasks ongoing in the other disciplines in the project.
- Communicate well in English, both orally and in writing.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but the latest deadline is the 20th of March 2021.