Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose to make wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with an additional, passionate and purpose-driven team SW Developer to join our Platform Service Team in Erlangen.
We are a team of three developers, one Product Owner, the team tester and a Scrum Master working in Kanban setup supporting our HW Audiology, Cloud, Firmware, Mobile Development, among others.
You will specifically be expected to:
- Design, implement and maintain a framework for communication between software applications (like PCs or Smartphone apps) and our hearing instruments in a self organized agile team in the environment of our desktop applications.
- Implementation of functionalities, technical concepts, and interfaces together with our agile development teams
- Collaboration with product owners and software architect to further improve the quality and usability of our communication framework for future products and platforms.
- Cooperation in continuous process improvement as well as evaluation and introduction of new methods and approaches
You are passionate about developing best-in-class technologies in a global setting.
You want to take ownership of your responsibilities work closely with stakeholders
from the R&D and other departments within the company.
- Several years of professional experience in the field of software development, ideally in an agile environment
- Object-oriented language (C# or C++ is a plus)
- Affinity for working close to hardware
- Sound knowledge of common software design patterns, principles, and
- practices (e.g. MVVM, IoC, Dependency Injection, SOLID, OOAD, TDD)
- Experience with Bluetooth is a plus
Performance and personal competencies
- Motivation, initiative, reliability, team spirit and the passion to implement
- sustainable, high-quality software solutions
- Work independently and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Possessing the ability to build a strong network
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing
- Intermediate level in German and willingness to further improve
The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but the latest deadline is the 16th of November.